What are essential oils, and why use them?
Essential oils are natural, aromatic liquids found in plants that have been used for thousands of years in cultures all across the world. Essential oils and essential oil infused supplements are a natural way to support a healthy lifestyle, help maintain physical and emotional wellness, clean and purify your home, care for your hair and skin, and promote spirituality.
Four trillion dollars are spent each year on healthcare in the US. Every major illness is on the rise, including: cancer, diabetes, ADD/ADHD, tic disorders, anxiety, Asperger’s syndrome, Autism, and heart disease. Preschoolers are the fastest growing group being prescribed antidepressants.
Out of the 783,936 annual deaths from conventional medicine mistakes, approximately 106,000 of those are the result of prescription drug use. According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, 290 people in the United States are killed by prescription drugs every day. EVERY DAY!
Today, 1 in 3 get cancer, with scientists projecting that in the near future, it will be 1 in 2 or higher! In recent years we have seen a dramatic rise in birth defects, infertility, asthma, ADD, Alzheimer’s disease, and countless other illnesses and conditions. We breathe in chemical vapors from our household cleaners, we absorb chemicals into our skin as we shower and brush our teeth. Check your toothpaste! If it says to call poison control for swallowing, toss it.
This is not the Garden of Eden, we live in a toxic world and we are constantly exposed.
Are you ready for something better??
There is a way for us to get the kind of results we are used to getting with synthetic chemical products while using substances that are SAFE, NATURAL, and HEALTHY. Young Living is a 20 year old company that was founded on the principle that nature has powerful, natural substances from PLANTS.
Why choose Young Living essential oils?
When it comes to essential oils – farming, distilling, and sourcing is everything! Young Living has carefully curated farms all over the world, and uses a proprietary Seed to Seal® Process that produces the most authentic essential oils available today.
Due to the wide-use of synthetic chemicals and processing, a vast majority of essential oils on the market today are useful only for perfumes and cosmetics. Young Living oils however, are never diluted, cut, or adulterated in any way. Using a proprietary, low-temperature distillation process that’s entirely chemical-free, Young Living sets the standard for purity, potency, and authenticity.
Anyone can visit. We also have certified co-op farms whose growing processes meet Young Living’s strict quality standards. YL is open and love for their members to be a part of the seed plantings all the way to harvest and distillation. Young Living uses its own internal labs, in addition to third-party audits, to verify that international purity and potency standards are met and surpassed. Some companies out there keep their farm information under lock and key saying their supplier is “Proprietary” info. On the other hand, YL will hand you the address to their farms and invite you to come work on them. They love visitors!
Now, the key to producing therapeutic-grade essential oils is to preserve as many of the delicate compounds within the EO as possible. These fragile constituents are easily destroyed by high-temperature and pressure, as well as any contact with chemically reactive metals such as copper or aluminum. That said, Young Living oils are steam-distilled in stainless steel chambers at low pressure and low temperature. Citrus oil is cold pressed from the rind. Young Living only uses plant material free of agrichemicals and steam distillation to end up with a completely pure, essential oil. Cheap adulterated oils will have leftover chemical solvents from distillations in them.
Essential Oil vs Carrier oil:
Carrier oils (aka an organic vegetable oil) are fatty and feel greasy, and will eventually go rancid or expire; But they dilute essential oils nicely. Olive, Almond, Grapeseed, Jojoba, and Coconut Oils are examples. My personal preference is organic, extra-virgin, Coconut Oil because it has amazing health properties. We use Carrier oils with an essential oil when the EO feels too warm or hot on the skin, or to help spread the EO further over a larger area of the body, such as: legs, bellies, and backs.
Essential oils are grease-free, never ever expire and will evaporate. They are volatile oils. Keep lids on snug as they will evaporate, which is why you can leave an open bottle in the car to scent the car.
How to use Essential Oils – 4 ways:
Diffuse Into the Air
- Scents soothe and inspire
- Promotes restful sleep
- Purifies the air
- Eliminates odors
- Enhance spirituality
- Complements meditation
Around the Home
- Powerful & plant-based
- Kitchens & bathrooms
- Surfaces of all kinds
- Laundry & stain removal
- Purify the air
- Natural dental care
- Supplements healthy lifestyle
- Supports healthy immune function
- Complements daily wellness regimen
- Enhances flavor of foods/drinks
- Promotes digestive wellness
- May enhance exercise performance
Apply Them Topically
- Use for massage
- Apply during workout
- Enhances the appearance of skin
- Apply to temples, balls of feet
- Supports clean teeth & gums
- Plant-derived beauty care
Here are 11 of our most popular and versatile everyday oils…
Lavender, an essential oil renowned for its soothing aroma is a wildly popular addition to bath and body care products. It’s also a key ingredient in many Young Living blends including Harmony, Forgiveness, and Tranquil. Diffuse it for a comforting scent and to eliminate odors, or use it in the bath for help unwinding after your day.
- Detox Baths
- Seasonal Allergies
- Sleep Aid
- Insect Bite/stings
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises
- Minor Burns, Sunburn
- Scars/Skin issues
Peppermint is admired for promoting and enhancing healthy intestinal function, supporting normal digestion and bowel function, and maintaining the efficiency of the digestive tract. Peppermint oil is also a great addition to water during physical activity, and may support performance during workouts.
- All things Digestive: (Nausea, Indigestion / Flatulence / Diarrhea/ Cramping)
- Discomfort from headaches, injuries or arthritis
- Alertness / Concentration
- Flavoring in foods
- Bug and Rodent repellent
This proprietary and prized essential oil blend contains Eucalyptus Radiata, Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, and Rosemary Essential oils and contains the naturally derived constituents limonene, eucalyptol, and eugenol. This powerful blend supports healthy immune function, and may contribute to wellness and when taken as a dietary supplement. Its powerful and aromatic botanicals make it a versatile natural cleaning agent that can be used all over your home.
History: Thieves was created from research of a group of 15th-century thieves who rubbed oils on themselves to avoid contracting the plague while they robbed the bodies of the dead and dying. When apprehended, these thieves who were perfumers and spice traders disclosed the formula of herbs, spices, and oils they used to protect themselves in exchange for more lenient punishment.
There is a whole line of Thieves products! The household cleaner concentrate makes 28 bottles of cleaner! It does not trigger asthma as it is non-toxic. Can clean from toilets to floors to glass to fruit and veggies, highchairs, inside of my car, dishwasher, and add to laundry detergent. It is an all-in-one cleaner. It costs about 75 cents to make a bottle of it and you can afford to have a bottle under every counter.
The rest of the Thieves line is toothpaste, mouthwash, floss (the oral care line is phenomenal for oral health), antimicrobial hand soap. You simply don’t want to be without Thieves.
Thieves for Black Mold – Diffusing the essential oil blend not only destroys mold spores, but also can remove mold spores, dead and alive, from the air. It also keeps killing off the virus, bacteria, and fungus and their toxins over time. Do not use bleach to treat mold. Bleach mixed with mold makes a toxic compound, not safe to breathe.
- Gingivitis/bleeding gums,
- Cold & Flu/Strep
- Household Germs
- Tastes great in apple cider, in a spoonful of olive oil, in coffee or tea
Frankincense is a versatile essential oil that includes the naturally occurring constituent alpha-pinene. It can be useful in massage after activity, diffused during meditation for grounding or purpose, and applied cosmetically to help smooth the appearance of healthy-looking skin. You’ll also find Frankincense in several of our popular blends including Brain Power, Forgiveness, and Awaken.
- Dr. Lin at OU studied Frankincense for about 7 years now and found only YL’s was able to get rid of cancer cells. Phenomenal results!
- Frankincense is high in sesquiterpenes which it why it can help aid in depression/blues and anxiety. Acts on the pineal gland which is the considered the seat of the emotions. Anxiety attacks have been helped quickly for many people I know by applying 3-4 drops all over the neck and outer ears layered with peppermint on top.
- Skin issues
- Use on regular basis topically and internally (YL ONLY!) to decrease abnormal cell growth in the body.
- Concentration/Brain health
- Stretch Marks
- Skin and Breast Health
- As versatile as Lavender
Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree)
Tea Tree essential oil’s fragrant influence promotes cleansing and purity, which also describes its healing abilities because of its highly antimicrobial and antiseptic properties.
- Used for fungal infections due to its antifungal properties
- Fights sinus, lung, tooth/gum, and ear infections due to it’s antibacterial and antimicrobial properties
- High levels of terpin-4-ol
- Known for it’s ability to clear up acne and other skin conditions
- Anti-inflammatory properties help with inflammation, water retention, and hypertension
Lemon essential oil has a refreshing uplifting scent that makes it a popular addition to food and beverage recipes. It also has exceptional home cleaning and purifying abilities. It’s a key ingredient in Thieves®, NingXia Red®, and Inner Defense™, and includes the powerful and naturally-occuring compound limonene.
- Full of antioxidants
- Oil comes from lemon rind, not the pulpy inside where the juice is.
- Must drink all citrus oils from a glass or stainless steel bottle/cup because it can start to break down plastic and you’ll taste it and ingest it.
- Draining to our lymph nodes and can be pH correcting/Alkalizing
- Caution Avoid applying to skin that will be exposed to prolonged sunlight or UV light within 24 hours. Use a nontoxic sunscreen as citrus oils make the skin more photosensitive.
- Infections in the mouth
- Air Freshener
- Ear infections—apply to outer ear diluted
- Drop in and on a sore throat several times a day
- Bacterial infections (throat, ear, sinus, etc.)
- Gum, Oil, Grease Spots and Crayon (how many shirts have you thrown away because of grease spots? A few drops of lemon and then throw in the wash)
- Varicose Veins/Calluses / Bunions / Warts
- Food flavoring
- Acne / Oily Skin
This unique blend of Citronella, Rosemary, Lemongrass, Melaleuca Alternifola, Lavandin and Myrtle is popular for its wide range of uses. Diffuse it in the air, or put a few drops on cotton balls and place in vents, closets, or your car to freshen air and eliminate odors Purification can also be added to skin care products to moisturize and improve the appearance for healthy looking skin. Try adding it to V-6™ to complement a relaxing foot massage, or apply it topically for an annoyance-free outdoor experience.
- Cat urine stains or in a litter box,
- Hotel rooms in a diffuser, or spray down the sheets
- Disinfects and cleanses cuts, scrapes
- Use as an insect repellent instead of chemical sprays. —If you forget and you get bit, use it for bites from spiders, wasps, bees and ants.
- Acne, sore throat, Sinus infections
- Great for pets from ear mites to flea problems, (diffuse Clove oil also for fleas)
- Fever blisters
Formulated by Young Living Founder D. Gary Young, this best-selling blend of Wintergreen, Helichryseum, Clove and Peppermint has a stimulating, yet soothing aroma. Apply it topically after exercise, or add to V-6™ and apply to your next and back. Panaway features the naturally-occuring constituents menthol, eugenol, methyl salicylate and gamma-curcumene.
- May relieve swelling and discomfort from sprains or injuries
- Muscle spasms
- Growing aches and discomforts
- Sciatic nerve issues
- Great for pets who are sore, dilute on smaller animals
Stress Away™ is a unique blend of essential oils that support mood and calm the senses. Featuring pleasantly scented Lime, Vanilla, Copaiba and Lavender, try diffusing it in the air or apply it to the back of the neck or wrists. Keep some at work, in your day bag, and in your night table.
- A blend of Copaiba, Lime, Cedarwood, Vanilla, Ocotea, and Lavender
- Sedative-like properties help to relax and induce sleep
- Helps with sadness and a tired mind
- Stimulates the limbic part of the brain and the pineal gland thereby releasing melatonin
- Stabilizing and grounding
- Improves concentration and mental acuity
An uplifting, exotic and stimulating blend of 10 oils. This is an essential oil that you’ll love it or hate it. If you are repulsed by an essential oil it means your body actually needs it. Try using it daily on bottoms of feet with socks over it or internally so you don’t have to smell it and within a few weeks or months, as you give your body what it needs form it, you’ll most likely start to like the oil! It’s true! I’ve seen it happen numerous times. Fantastic oil for someone with a broken heart—somebody grieving very deeply.
- Quick uplift–apply to the heart and outer ears daily
- Mood boosting bath
- Blood circulation or blood pressure
- Menstrual cramps
- Feeling blue? Baby blues after having a baby or blues in general/mood swings
- Low backache
- Aphrodisiac and Libido
Ready to begin your journey to wellness?
To order, first choose either a Retail Customer or Wholesale Member Account. Learn the difference below:
- Save 24% on your purchases
- Eligible to earn income by sharing
- Just one $50/year order to stay active
- Starter Kit – Choose your kit, one-time purchase
- FREE Gift with the purchase of a *Premium Starter Kit!
As a special promotion, enroll as a member through the link below and your FREE gift from me to help you get started on your journey is this Essential Oils Pocket Reference (6th Edition) by Life Science Publishing!! This book is the essential oil bible, I use it for everything. A $22 value.
* Most U.S. Members start with the Premium Starter Collection ($170), it is by far the best value and comes with everything you need to get started.
- Pay regular price
- Not eligible to earn income
- Just one order per year stays active
- No starter kit requirement
Please be aware that this information is not provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. To practice medicine requires a license…To promote good health does not. I am not here to tell anyone to stop their medications. I am not a doctor and cannot legally diagnose, cure or treat. So be it known that this is for informational purposes.